Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

It's about like that at times
Good morning! It's Halloween, right? I don't care much for the day but don't make a big deal about it. I confess to enjoying my share of candy over the years, and I confess to stealing my children's candy after they were asleep or in another room. They quickly figured out to hide the best stuff. Since my kids are past the trick or treat age, I am not much involved in the day presently. I suppose when grandchildren show up, I will get back into it.
 
There is a costume run this evening, and I am considering participating. It's only 3 miles, and it's early enough that I could make it back to teach my class. Last year I went as a viking. I do not feel inspired this year to be anything in particular. I do have access, through the ReGeneration Store, to all kinds of strange and ugly clothes. Hmmm, we'll see. 
 
Last night's run was on the cool and windy side, but it wasn't that bad. Running through less than ideal conditions really changes the way you look at life and winter. Running throughout the winter somehow lessens its perceived power. I hear people complain about the cold a lot, but if you go out into and experience it with proper clothes, it's really not that bad. That's what I think anyway. 
 
It looks like the New York City marathon is still on, but I have my doubts. They are going to have to have a lot of things come together before they are ready for 50,000 runner to tour the 5 boroughs and then finish in Central Park. They start on Staten Island. Getting there may be the biggest challenge.
 
The Monumental Marathon is receiving a lot of late entries from people who have given up on the idea of getting to New York. Monumental has a full marathon, a half marathon, and a 5K. All three races are about to be capped at 10,000 participants. My guess is that the vast majority of the 10K are in the half and the 5K.
 
Yesterday was another busy and varied day. I don't ever get bored, but I do battle feeling like I never quite get everything done that needs doing. I suppose everyone feels that way. Today will be a lot like yesterday, so I guess I better get after it.
 

No comments: