Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning to you! Did you sleep well? I did OK. I've been sleeping better lately, which is always a blessing. I only watched a few minutes of the presidential debate. They make me tense. They = debate, participants, moderator, crowd, etc. I can't watch that stuff and then turn over and go to sleep. Reading is a much better option for me. Why watch the debate, when everyone in the news media will tell me what to think about it anyway?
 
Yesterday felt like one of busier days I've experienced of late. It had an unusual number of interruptions, because it seemed that one interruption led to another and then another. But you know that interruptions are my work. We had a guy present himself at the Store yesterday as homeless and needing help. We do all that we can to not make the Store an entry point for help, and usually we are successful. Anyway, his presentation set off quite a bit of activity, and in the end, he did not like our solution, which was a real offer of help. He let us know in a profane way of his displeasure. It happens.
 
Stuff like that bothers me, I must admit, but what can you do? I went on to other things and tried to do good in them. Pat A and I are collaborating in my present sermon series, so we got together to work on that for a couple of hours. I drove to Bloomington, which was a very beautiful trip and a time to unwind just a bit. The leaves are amazingly beautiful. It was fun driving the route that we ran on Saturday. There are some good hills on that course! No wonder my legs were sore Sunday and Monday.
 
I skipped tempo Tuesday, ofting to do a longer pace run this morning. I think I am short on speed work for this upcoming marathon. I need more miles at my intended pace, rather than fewer faster. That's what I believe anyway. I have a decent base, but not as good as 2010 or for Boston. We'll see how it all works out. I have no pressure either, which can be good and bad.
 
Today is going to be another full of people, places, and things. Here we go.

No comments: