Tuesday, October 02, 2012

Tuesday Morning

Anyone have any questions about the picture? Anyone?

Well, here you are again. Do you not have a life? Ha ha, just kidding, I'm glad you stopped by for a little while on a cool, windy, damp morning. It's not as damp as last night, when I proved what several have said about me over the years. "He doesn't have enough sense to get out of the rain."

No, I don't. I could have run yesterday morning in the dry, knowing full well that the afternoon and evening would be wet. But I love my running friends and wanted to be with them, so I opted to wait. I opted to get wet, really wet. The heaviest rain of the whole day came during our little 5 miler. Heavy rain and big puddles, really big puddles, equals one wet old runner. Oh well, toward the end, I opted to channel my childhood desire to splash as hard as I could through the puddles. It was actually kind of fun. Sick, I know.

Yesterday was another super productive day. I've been on a roll lately, and I'm going to ride this wave as far as it takes me. I know that at some point I will cycle back through to struggling to get things done. I've been around long enough to know how all this works. Take what you get and as it comes. Presently, I am getting beyond my weekly routine into new areas of activity.

For example, today I am meeting with a couple of people to brainstorm some about starting a business or businesses in our little town that can employ some people. As I mentioned last week, we already have a non-profit organization in place, and we have empty buildings around town. It's a matter of figuring out what to do. Today I meet with a couple of people who have good business brains and have been very successful in different ways. They are both eager to talk.

I had lunch with another minister yesterday, and he, too, has been talking some with others about this idea. He found a lot of interest from a guy who has been successful in other places and has considerable capital, I believe. Missional theology basically says, "Find out what God wants to do in your community and help him." I have begun initial exploration with a fairly new idea called missional entrepreneurship. We'll see. Hopefully this will go somewhere someway. It certainly will be a "God thing," if it happens.

Another busy day awaits, so I best be getting on it!

No comments: