Thursday, October 04, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Hey! Good morning! I hope you are off to a good start this morning. I slept fairly well, so I think I'm good to go. And go I will -- go on a 20 mile run. Yes, I'm taking this morning off to run with Jim and Steve. They are preparing for the New York City Marathon, which is the day after the Monumental in Indy. It should be a perfect morning to run, and the company will be enjoyable and entertaining. This will be my 2nd 20 miler in this training cycle.
 
Right after the run, I have to get ready for an ethics meeting at one of our hospitals in Bedford. It's a free lunch! I will probably load up today, replenishing the 2000+ calories I will burn on the run. I enjoy this ethics committee and our discussions.
 
After that meeting, I will go to the other hospital to check on somebody struggling with health, life, and the desire to continue. We had a good chat yesterday about all that. Yesterday was a challenging day. There were some very real life things that happened.
 
It reminded me of this post written by a guy who used to do what I do. He nails it, and I'm hesitant to share it in some ways. I'm not complaining about what I do or its difficulty. Many people have difficult things to do. The article did cause me to think back over the last 15 years. There has been a lot of stuff: deaths of babies, teens, people of all ages, all kinds of abuse and addictions that I can't share, divorces, you name it... By the grace of God's encouragement and a couple of trusted friends, we keep walking.
 
Have you seen the forecast? It's going to get on the chilly side. I love fall and winter, but my preference would be for a whole bunch of days like today. Hey, you don't always get what you want. Sing it with me, "You don't always get what you want!"
 
OK, I have a few things to do before I hit the road. Double deer loop! 20 miles. One step at a time.
 
 

No comments: