Monday, October 22, 2012

Monday morning



Good morning Monday! Hey, how was your fall break? Yes, I know some of you, most of you?, did not experience such a thing. Oh well, life is simply not fair. Speaking of that, my Internet at home is not working well at all. In fact, I’m thinking this post is going to be late and will have to wait until I get to my church office. I have a new modem on the way. It should arrive tomorrow, and then life as we know it can go on.

OK, let’s see, I did not post a couple of days last week, right? Wow, I wish I could remember all the great things I did and experienced in detail, but I am having trouble recalling it. Must have been the routine, mundane stuff. Yep, I think that’s what happened.

We did go to Charlestown Friday night to end our football season. It was ugly. So ugly that I don’t even want to write the score. This season was a disappointment for sure, and it’s good that it’s over. Ben played well this season, but it’s not about him. He is glad it’s finished, I think. He can resume a little bit of a normal life. I drove the bus Friday night. We didn’t get home until nearly midnight.

Arriving home at such late hour meant for a very short night for me. Why? Because our 20 mile run was scheduled to start at 6 a.m. Saturday. I went to sleep about 12:30 and work up around 4:30. I usually get 7 hours of sleep, so I went into the run a little deprived, which is OK. I didn’t have a great 20 miler, but I managed to go sub 9 minute miles on a day when I didn’t feel that great. It was a little cool, damp, and windy Saturday morning.

After the run, I came home and cleaned up. We needed to go to Vincennes for a wedding. Lester’s wife, Maddie, has a sister named Hannah, and it was Hannah’s wedding day. Hannah has been to Honduras with us a couple of times, and I also know her through family gatherings. She is wonderful young lady, not unlike her sister Maddie. The wedding and the reception went well. It was a great day, and we were back home by a little after 8. It was great to go to bed Saturday night.

Sunday was filled with the usual activities, but Sunday evening was different. We gathered at the Dillman’s for a fire, food, fellowship, and fun. Keith knows how to make a fire! Hot, hot, hot! The drive there and back was so nice as well.

Rebecca is unable to communicate with us presently. She is living in more primitive conditions, I believe. She should return to a retreat center in the next couple of days. She is still Nicaragua for a few more days. She will return to Costa Rica at the end of the week. She is now past the halfway mark of her experience there.

OK, busy day, busy week, awaits.

No comments: