Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday morning

Crazy people on the loose

Hey! You made it through the weekend! Me too. It was a good one, and now here we go again. A new week awaits us.

The biggest event for me this weekend was our 20 mile run from Bloomington to Avoca. I used our church van and loaded up everyone at Avoca at 6:30 Saturday morning. On the way up, we dropped water and Gatorade at 3 spots. Mike J. was kind enough to be our support guy, bringing the van back and checking on everyone all the way back.

There were 12 of us who ran various distances at various speeds. Most of us did 20 miles. Two guys are missing from the picture above. Mike's daughter's boyfriend and his friend, Purdue Tri team members (young and fast), ran faster than everyone else. They ran themselves right out of the picture!

It was a beautiful morning to run. It was a little dark at the start, but daylight appeared pretty soon. The leaves in the rock cuts along the way were simply beautiful. I felt pretty good most of the time. I was a little concerned at the start, because I could still feel my 12 miler from Thursday evening. The 20 miler would be a test of my fitness level in some ways. I think I passed, so it now becomes a bit of a confidence booster. That was my 3rd and best 20 miler of this training cycle. If you are interested in details, then here they are. One more 20 miler and then taper time.

The rest of the weekend was filled with the usual things that include family and church family. OK, that's the weekend report. Let's get this thing going...

2 comments:

IronMj said...

Hope you don"t mind? I tweeted your garmin connect to Greg thought they would like to see your course info.

Allen said...

No problem!