Monday, October 01, 2012

Monday morning

Luke water witching
Good morning! Monday it is. A new day, a new work week awaits. I'm ready! It's going to be another busy one, and I already know that I cannot do all that I hope, want, and even need to. I will simply do what I can as well as I can.

It was a really nice weekend, one of my favorite weekends of the year. I took some time off on Friday afternoon and relaxed pretty well. That was followed by another rough, disappointing football game. Luke came home in time for the game, so his presence helped mitigate some of the pain and frustration of football loss.

Saturday was race and parade day. I went to the Persimmon 5K not very motivated. I told a friend that I was running it because, "I know if I don't, I will regret not doing it." Great reason to run, right? Oh well, as the race grew closer, I felt decent. Then I saw a couple of people that I didn't want to beat me. Better reason to run harder, right? Well... Anyway, I took off and ran pretty well. I finished faster than last year and won some hardware. My 21.24 placed me second in my age group. I think I could have won it, but I didn't know who was in front of me. He wasn't that far ahead of me. Next year!

The Persimmon 5K is a great race and a really nice atmosphere. I enjoy the fellowship with lots of runners and the once a year folks as well. We have a really good running community, and running is a great supportive sport. You usually don't hear trash talking amongst runners. My decent race is helping motivate me to get training harder again. Monumental is 4 weeks from Saturday, so I still have this week and 2 more to train hard, followed by a 2 week taper.

The rest of Saturday and the rest of the weekend was filled with family fun. Luke told us that an old fellow taught him how to water witch last week, so he wanted to show us how it worked. He wanted to know where our water lines were. I said, "I'm not going to tell you. You find them." And he did! It's such a strange thing, but it works. He found them at our house and at my dad's place as well. I did 2 minutes of research this morning and found that the practice is quite controversial. All I know is that it worked at our place. We joked about Luke getting a college degree and now he can water witch.

We got to speak to Rebecca last night! She was able to Skype Kedra's cell phone. She's already been in Costa Rica a month and is doing very well. She is really enjoying the experience. Her call was well timed. Kedra was really missing her this weekend. Me too.

I hope your week goes well. I need to go finish my weekly "to do" list and hope that I can get to the majority of it. I'll just tackled what I can when I can and see what happens.

No comments: