Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Wednesday


Lately I've been thinking of changing my hair style. . .

Well, hello Wednesday!

We heard from Rebecca overnight. I'm glad. I'm not much of one to worry about my kids, but I confess as we approached the 48 hours of no communication, I was beginning to think about it. Overnight she sent an email telling of how things have been. In short: busy. She does believe she has figured out how she can Skype pretty soon. She seems good and content. That's good enough for me.

Yesterday was hot! I didn't realize how hot until we ran in the early evening. We started Tempo Tuesday with 1 mile at tempo pace. I think there were 7 of us who did it. It was so hot and humid that I had doubts about even doing it, let alone doing it very well. John and I were half joking before we started that we might be able to do a 7:30 mile.

We ran a couple of miles to warm up (funny term that). We stopped and stretched and then it was time to do the deed. Did I mention that it was hot? Humid too. I think the heat index was 95. Anyway, we all took off, and I think everyone did better than they hoped. I ended up with a 6:37 mile, which surprised me. I was very happy with that, even though I almost got in trouble. My body does not like heat!

You know I want to do an Ironman? Lately I was thinking that maybe Louisville would be the one for me. It's so close. It has a relatively easy swim. You swim upstream in a somewhat sheltered place where the current is not full strength, and then you turn and swim downstream with the current. The bike course is hilly but manageable, and the marathon course is flat. The problem with Louisville is late-August heat. Last night reminded me, again, that Louisville and it's heat is not the place for me to do an Ironman.

After the run last night, Jim had his wife, Dana, bring over several containers of homemade ice cream. You can imagine how refreshing that was after a run in the heat and humidity. Jim, multi-talented, can add expert ice cream maker to his list.

Prior to the run last night, I had a pretty good day. I had a great morning of writing, and I will tell you more about that in the near future. I had a good lunch with Pat A., some good Store time, and just a pleasant afternoon.

No comments: