Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Well, hello! You came by again. I'm glad you did. I will do my best to hold your attention for the next minute or two. My life just oozes with excitement, so it really should be no problem. I hear that they are considering making my life into a reality show. I'm not sure what the title would be. Oh, speaking along those lines, I have seriously considered applying for the CBS show Amazing Race. I have to have a partner. The show likes to have couples of some kind--the weirder the better--participate. We have a good start here: an old white preacher.
 
Well, it was back to the 3 a.m. start again today. I have to stop this madness, but so far I can't. My prayers and pleas for a couple more hours of sleep are unanswered so far. My life is all about endurance, it seems, and pushing myself, probing just how far I can go. This is one area I have no desire to find out.
 
Our main man from Honduras is in town. We had a really good gathering last night, a nice crowd. Marc tells compelling stories, stories that make you laugh, stories that make you cry. His presentation got interrupted last night by one of our ladies. She passed out and required some emergency medical attention. Thankfully we had 4 nurses present. Thankfully she seemed like she was going to be OK. She went to the hospital to get checked out.
 
Wasn't yesterday beautiful? I started it with a run in the 40 something degree temps. I wore gloves for the first time since I don't know when. It felt great to run without getting hot. Fall is a great time of the year to run. I need to get a few more miles in today. I'm not sure how this lack of sleep thing and running are mixing. I'm pretty sure it is not a good combination.
 
Today I'm going to be busy getting ready for Sunday, and I will spend some time with Marc and Terri this morning, talking about and planning our work in Honduras. I'm also submitting my writing project, which will be a nice relief, a goal met.
 
I hope you have a really good day! 

No comments: