Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday

Good morning Monday! Something that rarely happens happened this morning. I woke up to Kedra's alarm. I usually wake up before it goes off and hop out of bed. Today it woke me up and I didn't want to get up. Strange. Not sure what's going on with that. I know what I describes sounds normal for normal people, but, hey, I am not normal. In lots of ways! ha ha
 
It was a good weekend. I managed some downtime on Friday before driving the football bus to Brown County. We won the game--second in a row--and Ben had a really good game to top it all off. It made the late night more tolerable, even enjoyable. I didn't get home until midnight, which made getting up at 4:53 on Saturday morning a little difficult.
 
Saturday was my first 20 miler of this training cycle for the Monumental Marathon. It was OK. Running of late has not been the best, but I keep doing it, hoping for some improvement. I've been here before and know to just keep going. It's not a bad metaphor for life. Perseverance.
 
Luke drove up from Nashville and met us at the game. It was so nice to have him home for the weekend. My dad celebrates his 80th birthday this week, so Luke came home for a party we had yesterday. All the grandchildren were home, with the exception of Rebecca. It's too far to commute from Costa Rica.
 
Last night Tony Campolo was in town. He spoke at the vesper service, the official beginning of the Persimmon Festival. He did a good job, but more significant, for me and a few others, was a meeting we had with him before the service. We met with him for about 45 minutes, and I took away from that meeting some ideas that I want to explore.
 
He challenged us to not sit idly by and allow our little town to continue its slow death. He challenged us to start some businesses that will employ people. Those of us who comprise Capstone Ministries have talked about this some over the last few years but have never left the talking phase. Now I'm stirred up again about it. We already have some of the things in place to do it.
 
OK, I think I finally have a week without anything unusual planned. Of course anything can happen at anytime! Talk to you soon.

No comments: