Friday, September 07, 2012

Friday

Good morning Friday! Some live for you; not me. I like you and all that, but you are not my favorite day of the week. Please don't take offense; it's nothing personal. I do like you during high school football season more than the rest of the year. It's all good. Everything is fine.
 
I hope your week went well. It seems like a long way off, but we did have Monday as a holiday this week, shortening everything a bit. I think I work better under the pressure of having a lot to do. I didn't say that it was my preference.
 
Yesterday I smoked 7 pork shoulders for a fund-raising meal on Sunday night. While smoking I did a lot of other things, so it was not particularly an enjoyable smoke. It was more of a get-it-done smoke. I ended up pulling all of it myself last night, which was a pretty big job. The perk of such a job is that you can nibble on the best pieces.
 
Some of us fed the football team at church last night. That went well, and it was enjoyable. The boys presented us a nice framed, signed team picture. They seemed very grateful for the meal. I'm just hoping they can get a win tonight and gain a little confidence. It's going to be another tough game. The weather could be an issue as well. I hope the storms will hold off until the game is over.
 
We missed Rebecca last night. I think she got online after we went off. She is 2 hours behind us. From our conversation the night before, we learned a little more about her host family. The father is driver for a wealthy family. I guess he drives them around to whatever wherever. The mother, best I can tell, is a maid for another family.
 
Here's an interesting article about the earthquake. It could have been really bad.
 
OK, I need to keep moving this morning.

No comments: