Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Morning

Are you carrying too much?
Good morning! Another beautiful, cool morning. Surprisingly, we had a little rain shower last night. I was parking the bus at 8:30, after taking the JV football team to Brownstown, when it started raining on me. It rained for a little while.

The trip to Brownstown was uneventful, which is what I wanted. I got some reading done and took in part of the game. It was a lovely evening - a nice end to a great day.  Yesterday was filled with a variety of things and people and it went so quickly. I did get my 7 mile run in to start that day, and that always makes me feel better. My endurance activities keep me sane, which is ironic in some ways, because many think they are an indication of insanity.

Today? A 4 miler to start it and a 32 mile bike ride to end it. I noticed on my way home from Brownstown last night that the days are getting shorter and shorter. I'm afraid our Tuesday night rides are coming to an end soon. Lack of daylight, coupled with all kinds of competing activities through school and otherwise, makes it hard to sustain. It has been a great riding season thus far.

I've got a lot going on today, including an extra thing or two that involve some thinking and studying, so I best be getting on with it. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: