Tuesday, August 07, 2012

Tuesday a.m.


Hey Tuesday! How are you? Yesterday on my early morning run, out on east Frank, right before you hit Meridian, I was totally surprised by a little yappy dog. This little creature was fully intent on getting a piece of me. His timing was terrible - for him. He got right in the way of my left foot coming forward. I hit him hard, and I didn't really mean to. He went flying and rolling and then yapping back to his yard. Hey, doggie, things like these happen. I don't think he will try that again. He's fine I'm sure, and he's probably blogging about it somewhere this morning.

Look I found his blog!

A Dog's Tail
Monday p.m.

It finally happened! Mr. Owner failed to clip my chain on correctly. I was loose, and he didn’t know it. I would act like I was tied, so he would relax and go smoke his cigarettes. He went inside. There I was, out on the porch with what looked like a chain attached to my collar, but things are not always as they appear. I would wait patiently for the right moment. I was going to make a dash and chase a car!

I waited patiently. No cars. Maybe a bicycle? I waited for those freak cyclists that come by on Thursdays and other random days. Bunch of weirdo! Bright tight clothes, sissy helmets, always yakking and laughing. I would love to have a piece of them! No luck. No cars. No bikes. Then all of a sudden, I see my Opportunity. My Target! An odd looking old man dressed in black shorts, white shirt, new shoes, and a hat. Slow and ugly. Yes! Perfect!

I wait for him to come down the little grade. Wait... Wait... WAIT! Now, go! I made a direct line for his little legs. Target: the meat right above his left ankle. I went in for a bite, and then all of a sudden something hit me. Literally! The next thing I know I am flying through the air, then rolling, then stopping, and then running away, yelping for help! I underestimated my Target. I will never mess with that dude again. Wow, he has strength that is unbelievable. Mr. Owner was mad at the runner, but, hey, I respect the guy. Chain me up please. I do not want to go through that again!

Yesterday was a good day. It was so nice out; lower humidity feels great. I got lots done and connected with several folks. We had a back to school night last night, and, wow, we had lots and lots of people show up. We live in an area where lots of people need help, and I'm glad we help in some ways. I wish we could do more.

Tonight is a time trial ride. I think I like the paceline rides a little better, but the time trial will be fun. We'll ride out to the Washington County line. Then from there we will take off about a minute a part, somewhat seeded by predicted performance, and ride hard for 10 miles back to Orleans. Looks like little wind tonight. That will be nice.

Lots to do today...

No comments: