Thursday, August 16, 2012

Thursday a.m.


So how are we on this Thursday morning? Think it will rain today? I sure hope so. Maybe everyone should wash their vehicles. I'm afraid to do that. Why? I'm afraid parts of it might fall off. I love my old truck, but it sure is getting rough in spots, inside and out. Rebecca leaves for Costa Rica in a few days and is obviously not taking her car. Hmmm. The other day I simply stated these facts. She immediately replied, "You can drive it but don't trash it!" I resisted the urge to say, "Have you looked in your car lately?" Surprisingly her car is not super clean. I guess I should not have said that. Oh well.

Yesterday was wall to wall busyness of the good kind, but it sure wore me out. I ran 6 miles early and then it was a little study, lots of contact with people at various places and places in life (all the way from new babies to dying folks), meetings, phone calls, moving stuff, and a class to top it all off. I slept well last night but woke up wanting more.

Today should be of a different nature. Less people, more thinking and writing -- more in line with my introvert-leaning personality. Seriously. I like the variations in my work and ministry. I don't know if it keeps me fresh or off guard (ha ha), but at least I don't get into too many ruts for too long.

We had a good class last night, talking about the end of Hebrews 11 and the beginning of chapter  12. I love the picture painted there. The image of running with perseverance, drawing upon the energy of those who ran difficult races before and still finished. They have filled a stadium and are cheering us on. It sounds like the finish on an Ironman event. I finished another book on Ironman last night. I think I have read around a dozen in the last year. It helps me get a feel, an idea of what it's like to do one.

Got lots an lots to do today, so adios!

No comments: