Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Rest

Remember these "Think Alongs"? I decided at the end of the school year to take a break, to rest, a bit of a sabbatical. With the school year starting, I will start thinking along with you again from time to time.

Summer is a good time to take a break from lots of things. It should be a time to rest a little from the hectic lives our culture suggests we should live.

Rest is important to God, which is a fascinating thing to think about, isn’t it? He rested after Creation and then asks that we rest from our work also, imitating him.

There are all kinds of things to say about rest, but the most important one is found in these words of Jesus in Matthew 11:

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Will you rest in him today?

No comments: