Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday a.m.

It was an all Kestrel ride on Saturday
Here we go! New day. New week. New opportunities.

How about a quick recap of the weekend? Friday turned out to be a pretty busy day. A couple of counseling appointments, lots of work to get ready for Sunday, and a few other things filled it up pretty quickly. I did get a 5 miler in before it all officially started.

Friday night means football for us. Perennial power Browstown came to town and beat us. I really thought we might win, but we didn't. Ben played well and received nice comments in paper article from the coach. Ben was a little frustrated with the loss, as he should be. Hopefully Friday we can beat Valley.

Saturday was such a beautiful day! I got up and did a few things and then headed to Bedford for a day of endurance training. I started around 7:30 got the kinks worked on a 3 mile run. Then I met the group at 8. We had a pretty good turnout, and most of us did 10 miles. I felt good again and finished fairly strong. It was my first 13 miler since the Boston marathon.

Following the run we decided to meet/eat at the Stonecutter Cafe on the square. Josh Anderson's wife is owner and runner of the place. She is also Robin's daughter-in-law. Josh and Robin are regular participants in our runs (and sometimes rides). We "warned" Robin that a large group was coming; she quickly passed that on. We were there for a while. The food was good and the fellowship better.

After my Dan-recommended Wrap-a-Doodle-Do and good coffee, I changed into my bike kit (cool cycling language) and waited for everyone else to get ready. A couple of riders had already signaled that they would prefer to start at Lighthouse and not have to deal with the rock cut when 37 heads north right after the bridge. I was in total agreement. I remember my bonk from a couple of weeks ago.

We met at the Lighthouse bookstore. Turned out we had 7 riders and all 7 were riding Kestrels. Bill made up songs about that and we laughed as we missed our Cervelo and Fuji friends. It was a very pleasant ride to Orleans. There we stopped at Huck's for refreshments. The return ride was good, and Bill pulled us down the highway at 30+ mph, which is always exhilarating.

The rest of the day, and there wasn't a whole lot left, was relaxing and uneventful. Yesterday was another beautiful day. My new sermon series got off to a good start and our life group had a good discussion last night. I finished the day by watching Andrew Luck and the Colts. He is very impressive and going to be lots of fun to watch.

I hope your day goes well. I got a 7 miler to start the day and a bus trip to Brownstown to end it. I'm driving the JV football team over there, to help out the transportation director. Hey, it will be some spending money and some reading time.

No comments: