Friday, August 24, 2012

Friday


If you live for Friday, you can now come alive. It's here. For me it just marks another day closer to the only day of the week I work.  If I wasn't working on Sunday, I would go watch Ironman Louisville. I thought about going down after morning church, but I've got afternoon/evening responsibilities as well. Not complaining.

The picture above has no relevance to me, unless I am one being poked at a funeral. I'm not quite old enough for that yet. I just thought the picture was kinda funny. I don't recommend that you go around doing either of these things, at weddings or funerals, and, yes, some do think that weddings and funerals are similar. Not me!

I would love to tell you everything I did yesterday, but, frankly, I would have to kill you. A few of you have figured out that I am a Russian spy on the side, but I cannot confirm nor deny these things. Others have figured out that I used to be Mr. Universe and then I got this terrible disease that ate away most of my body, except for my midriff, which remains largely intact. OK, I have to stop now.

I can tell you that I had a good 7 mile run in/on hills yesterday. It about killed me, but since it didn't, I must be stronger, right? Isn't that what they say? They say, "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger."

Today is a rest day from endurance activities. Well, mostly, anyway. I am loading a semi with corn, so I am going to get some kind of workout with that. Assuming I can still move/function in the morning, I plan to run 14 miles - 2 work-out-the-kinks miles before joining the group to run 12, starting at 8 a.m. at Parkview. I'm not sure if we are riding after that. It's supposed to be 95 tomorrow, so I have my doubts. The run/bike combo is a pretty tough workout.

Tonight it's football in the Valley. I'm driving the bus. I'm hoping for a win tonight and for Ben to have another good game. He will be challenged. Valley scored 40 something points last week and have a good running game.

OK, go enjoy the day. Boris is here; must go.

No comments: