Friday, August 17, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning! Happy birthday Ben! I know we have stretched his birthday celebration out a bit, having his family party last week, but his actual birthday is today. 17. Hard to believe. I'm so glad he was born and so proud to call him my son. I hope his birthday present today is a win over state-ranked Brownstown.

Yesterday was a full day, and I didn't get all my work for Sunday done; not even close. Today is going to be busy also, so I am going to have kick it into high gear. I need to squeeze in a 5 mile run this morning, which I will do shortly. Then it will be meetings and writing for the rest of the day. We'll end the day watching football, which is a nice way to end a day.

Tomorrow is promising to be fun, if you like to do what I like to do. I know for many of you it would appear to be torture, but, hey, we are all different. I plan to start the day with a 13 mile run. We are re-establishing our group runs at 8 a.m. on Saturday, after a summer of meeting at different times. The plan is to run 10 miles, so I will start a little early and grab 3 miles before meeting with the group.

Following the run, I think we are going to get breakfast somewhere. Then we plan to hop on our bikes for, probably, a 40 something mile ride. The weather is promising to be just about perfect for both running and riding: cool in the morning and warm by mid-morning.

I hope your weekend is good. Talk to you later...

No comments: