Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Report 1 Honduras Summer 2012

I don’t know when this will get posted. We have no internet and the prospects of getting it seem fairly dim. My hope is that I can get somewhere offsite and find a connection.

[I am having lunch Tuesday at a place that has WIFI, so here we go!]

We arrived safely Sunday afternoon. We have a great team of 15 folks, 7 from Mitchell, 7 from Washington, and 1 from Kentucky. There is a great team chemistry already. We are working with a group from Baton Rouge. They are about the same size as us but have mostly teens on their team.

Monday we built an awesome house in such a beautiful setting. It was in our adopted area of Guajire. It was a great build. We are now building houses that have 3 tiny bedrooms, complete with built-in bunk beds. We also supply mattresses. All this costs $2100.

The ladies from our church made several blankets, so we are passing these out at each build. They are received as precious treasures. It is such a neat thing to see!

We walked away from the build yesterday–literally a mile over mountainous terrain–feeling very satisfied that we had done something that pleased God. We are serving the “least of these” in a real way.

I don’t have pictures yet, but this morning we went to the dump. I will include those in my next report. I have no idea when that will be, so stand by! We really appreciate your prayers!
 
I really messed up on my pictures (too much to do in too little time)! If you go here, I think you can see them:
 
They are all labled July 10, 2012.
 
Also check out Christopher's Blog!
OK, please forgive all mistakes -- the bus is waiting on me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures Allen, we are praying for the work.


Pat A