Friday, July 06, 2012

Friday a.m.


Remember me? Remember this posting stuff? (I'm talking to myself again.) Well, here we go again! I've got to get my fingers warmed up and ready to write again. Soon I will be posting from Honduras. Hopefully. The Internet is always a bit of a question there.

How about a brief catch-up? Let's see, where were we? Oh yeah, last time I wrote was about a couple of weeks ago. We left IN on Monday, June 25, and made our way to Huntsville. There we stayed with Kedra's parents, and I spoke at the Mayfair church on Wednesday evening. Many years ago this church offered me a job, and we were very tempted to move. It's interesting to imagine how life would have unfolded in a different place. Anyway, my presentation went well, I think.

On Wednesday, Ben, Rebecca, and Maddie joined us, and on Thursday we made our way to Orange Beach, AL, which is next to Gulf Shores. We had a wonderful time! We hated to leave in some ways, but we had to. We came back to Huntsville for an evening/night and then came home on the 4th of July.

I had some really good training time while away. I rode 175 miles and ran 33. I did a solo century, riding from AL to FL and various places in each state. That's not all that impressive actually. The FL line is only 6 miles from where we stayed! ha ha I was pleased with my 100 mile ride. The heat index was 104 and I came through just fine and averaged 16.5 mph for the journey without pushing. Boredom was probably the biggest thing to overcome. Six hours on a bike is a long time.

My focus right now is RAIN, which will be 3 days after I get back from Honduras. I will ride 80-100 miles tomorrow at the Roundbarn Ride in Brownstown. The forecast is 108?? It will be good to ride that far in that heat - good RAIN prep.

Today is all about final prep and packing for Honduras. We leave Mitchell at 2:30 a.m. Sunday and will return late on the 18th of July. I think we are going to have an amazing trip. I hope to post daily, complete with pictures.

I may post Saturday night regarding the Roundbarn Ride, if you are lucky! haha. I doubt anyone is reading this, but I felt like saying that.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am reading....



Pat A

Anonymous said...

I always read your blog. I'm looking forward to hearing about the round barn ride. Stay hydrated!
John H.