Friday, June 22, 2012

Friday


Hey, it's Friday! Sorry about not posting yesterday. It's summer and I didn't want to - ha ha. Don't you love summer? How are you handling the heat? I thought you people with unairconditioned vehicles could get an idea or two from this picture.

Let's see...where were we. Oh never mind, it doesn't matter. I've been doing the usual stuff for the last couple of days: reading, relating, riding, running, and a little rithmatic just for fun. Our trip to Honduras is coming too quickly, so I am spending a fair amount of time thinking about it. But before it comes, I have a trip to Alabama coming up.

We are leaving next week for a few days away. I am speaking at the Mayfair church in Huntsville on Wednesday, and then we'll head to Orange Beach for a few days. Ben, Rebecca, and Maddie will join us for the beach journey, meeting us in Huntsville on Wednesday. I'm taking my bike, my wetsuit, and my legs, which means that I hope to swim in the Gulf, ride, and run a fair amount.

Speaking of triathlons, tomorrow is the Jim-N-I tri in Sullivan. It's an informal triathlon put on by Jim Sowder's long time friend, Steve Black. I went last year, and it was lots of fun. I didn't get in the lake last year for this swim, but this year I will. The swim is varying lengths depending upon your desire, ability, and conditioning. I will try to do one lap; others will do 3, I think.

Following the swim is a 50 mile ride. It will be a pretty fast ride. Last year I got dropped early, but this year I hope to hang on. Following the ride is a 9 mile (maximum) run. I have to be in the Evansville area for a wedding tomorrow evening, so I'm not sure how far I can run before needing to leave. Following all the endurance activities is a feast.

Today I need to get lots of things done, including resting my body for tomorrow. I've pushed it pretty hard/far this week.

I hope your weekend goes great!

No comments: