Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wednesday a.m.


Good morning Wednesday! Hello long day! It's going to be another beautiful day in the neighborhood. I love this weather.

Looks like the Guatemala bridge team is making good progress. I really, really want to go down there sometime with Luke to see it. I'm pretty sure he will be making regular trips, so the opportunity should present itself at some point in the future.

A good chunk of yesterday was spent in a training session for a pre-marital counseling tool. You can go here to see about it. I have unofficially used this tool 2-3 times and was impressed by it, but now, having been trained in its use, I am thoroughly impressed with it. It is excellent! I am also interested in the RE-FOCCUS product, specifically using it in a small group setting.

After the training I met with my Capstone Ministries buddies. The ReGeneration Store continues to be blessed, and we continue to fund various projects and things consistent with our mission statement.

Capstone Ministries
a 501(c)(3) non-profit Christian organization, exists to partner with the community to serve people in need.

ReGeneration
a non-profit thrift store, sells donated household furnishings and clothing to support Capstone Ministries’ efforts to serve people in need.

I put the Store statement in there for you as well. We have invested north of $85,000 in the community so far and continue to do lots more. We greatly appreciate our dedicated employees, volunteers, and customers.

Last night was Paceline Tuesday, our 32 mile bike ride from Spring Mill Park. We ride from the Park out to the Washington County line, which 16 miles, and then paceline back to Orleans, which is 10 miles. Pacelining is where the cyclists line up one behind the other, creating a nice draft for those behind the guy(s) in front. The front guy "pulls" for a while and then drifts to the back of the line. The bikes are separated by just a few inches.

Last night the plan was to go 22-24 m.p.h. Since I am not as experienced as the others, I decided to just stay on the back and not take a pull. That worked out well for me and was a confidence builder. I felt good the whole way. We had a couple of interuptions. Mike had some major bike trouble at the very beginning and then about 4 miles in. He did a nice job of field repair and was able to finish well. We had 9 guys on the line last night. Next week I am putting my race wheels on and hope to get the full experience. Afterwards we went to Wendy's for food, laughter, and story telling.

Today is going to be a good, long, busy day. I'm going to start with a run this morning and then keep running all day long -- people to see, places to go, you know, that sort of thing.

No comments: