Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Tuesday morning


How are you on this beautiful morning that is breaking? It's going to be such a nice day! This picture is from Guatemala. Luke is on the left, and it looks like the 2 sides of the bridge have been connected. I assume the picture was taken from the old bridge. It's amazing that communication can take place from such a remote place. There is no electricity in the village, so a solar powered cell phone charging station was installed a couple of years ago. People all over Central America have and use cell phones. Interesting.

Monday came and went didn't it? It seemed like a pretty ordinary day to me. The most notable thing was the beautiful weather. I could take a whole week of it, and it looks like that's exactly what we are going to get. I had a few meetings and a quick trip to Bloomington, along with some "Internetless" computer time. The Internet is so wonderful and such a time waster! ha ha I got some stuff organized on my computer that has been on my list for quite a while.

I attended a couple of softball games last night. Our church teams, men and women, played at the same time, so I spent a lot of time looking this way and then that. Ben and Rebecca played, so they were my main focus. Lester and Maddie were absent. Lester had a law review before taking his big test.

After the games I made my way to the pool. I had a good night in the pool overall. I think I can make my way across a lake now, but I need to improve upon a few things. Bill and Jim were there with me last night, so I provided them with some entertainment. On my last lap, for some reason, my googles filled with water, something that's never happened before. Anyway, I swam right into the side wall. I think there is a video of it floating around out there.

This evening I ride. It's Paceline Tuesday! I am really looking forward to it. My short run of 3 miles went well yesterday. I had no pain at all. Of course a two + week layoff makes running again a little hard, but I will be back fully within a couple of weeks.

I have a pre-marital counseling training seminar all morning today. That will be followed by a meeting or two. Here we go...

No comments: