Thursday, May 31, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Good morning! Thursday already/again! I woke up really missing Luke this morning. He's got a little over another week in Guatemala before he returns home and begins working in Nashville.
It's such a beautiful morning! Rain is promised for later today, and that's a good thing. We need it. I was going to take this morning off and ride, but I'm having second thoughts after looking at my training log and how I feel. The holiday weekend really changed my training routine. (I loved it, so I'm not complaining.) As of yesterday, I had run 6 days in a row (several of them bricks) and had ridden 176 miles in a week's time. I think a rest day may be on the schedule. I'm not guaranteeing that, but I am leaning that way.

I ran 5 miles yesterday, and toward the end of the run, I could tell my heart rate was up again. I adjusted my workout, which included some speed work. I think it is a cumulative effect, which, again, points to rest. If I rest today, then I will run 7-8 in the morning. I plan on riding 80 miles on Saturday. The group ride calls for 60, so I will tack 20 on at the end or some at the beginning and some at the end.  If I do the 80, then I will have 175 miles this week. RAIN is only 7 weeks from Saturday! I hope to do 2-3 100 mile rides before then.

Today is sermon prep day. Same sex marriage. We had a very interesting class last night as we discussed the issue. There is so much involved in all this.

Yesterday I saw lots of people and found it interesting. Hospitals. Nursing homes. Assisted living. Subsidized housing. I spent time at the Store as well and the church building and ate lunch with a good friend. We ate at Lilly's in Orleans. It's connected to the Marathon station and has good food.

OK, here we go...

No comments: