Thursday, May 24, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Paradox
Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the usual way. This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody thinks of complaining.

That, my precious readers, is the best quote I could find regarding Thursdays, and it is worth thinking about. Don't you think?

And that last question was not a general question. It was specific to the matter at hand regarding the Thursday quote. Taking the question generally would be related to one of my favorite things people often say, but you can't laugh at because of the serious nature:

"Yes, they did a brain scan, and they didn't find anything."

Hello Thursday! Today is going to be different for me. I am going to work for a while and then take a break to ride with a couple of friends, beating the heat. Then I turn into a bit of a furniture mover. I'm going to buy lunch for some guys and then take them on a Store pick-up. It should work out pretty well for everyone.

The heat is coming! The heat is coming! I have a weekend that is about as full as any I can recall in a while. Maybe I will give the exciting details (sarcasm) in tomorrow's post. The weekend involves lots of riding, some running, some not drowning, and lots of high school graduation parties. My graduation tour continues. We had 2 college graduations in a row, last week I attended a preschool graduation, and this weekend it's about high school graduation. Oh, and let's throw in a wedding on Saturday night. I think I'm tired already.

Yesterday morning included a really good hilly run. I felt the best I've felt since the Boston Marathon. That was encouraging. I am trying to manage triathlon training. It sure is different. I'm trying to find the balance between running, riding, and swimming. As I move toward an Ironman, which is more than 2 years away, I will adjust and increase. The swimming... More pool time tonight.

No comments: