Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Good morning Tuesday! You're feeling a bit on the cool side. What's that? Really! It's supposed to be well into the 90s by the weekend? OK, I will enjoy this day. I'm not sure what's up with Weather Underground, but their extended forecast has 2 days with a predicted high of 100! Oh well...

So how are you this nice morning? I'm enjoying my second cup of nice coffee from Honduras. Mike C. and Don E., I want you to know that it is amazing! I wish you had some. I feel ready for the day!

Yesterday was a good one. I was in touch with more people than usual, and I was able to get a few extra things on my list done. I make a list every week, and it has all the usual stuff on it -- stuff I have to do to perform my duties faithfully. On the list, also, are other things that will require me to move beyond the routine. Yesterday I was able to knock a couple of those out. Feels good.

I spent considerable time yesterday working on implementing my FOCCUS training. I have a couple I am marrying later this summer. I got them set up to take the inventory online. This tool is really, really good. They also have a product for those who are married. I'm really interested in using it, maybe in a small group setting with younger married couples. I think it could be a very useful tool. Also, if you are interested in it for your marriage, just contact me privately. I can help you out, and it is not very expensive.

A hilly five miler is what I used to start my day yesterday, and time in the pool is how it ended. I think I did fine in the pool but not as well as I thought I would do. That kind of approach leads to frustration, but I also think it leads to progress. I am pressing on. I have my first open water swim this weekend, which should be really interesting. I had a friend do the Ironman Texas over the weekend. I've been following his progress over the last several months. Interesting. I will get the swimming piece under control.

Tonight is Paceline Tuesday! I am looking forward to it. I cleaned my bike up thoroughly after the Crane ride. I took my wheels off, cleaned everything, and then I put my race wheels on. See the picture above. I am ready to roll. Hopefully I can keep up with everyone. We may have a headwind tonight but it shouldn't be too bad.

There is lots to do before pacelining, including some meetings and other things, so I guess I better get going. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike and I were talking about this blog earlier today. Looks like we are going to have to take your word for how good the Honduran coffee is.
Some sure know how to rub it in, don't they Mike? Just a thought,the swimming might progress faster if you just drink one cup of coffee and share the other one!

Don