Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday


Good morning! It's Friday!

The picture above came in from Guatemala and is of the construction site for Luke's bridge. I believe the black rectangle is the beginning of it. The scaffolding below shows how steep/deep the gorge is.

We are leaving in about an hour to go to Indy. Lester gets hooded this morning as a Doctor of Pharmacy. Where did those 6 years go? It seems like yesterday that we were talking about careers that were good for people who loved chemistry, etc. He gets hooded this morning at 11, and then we are going out for a celebratory meal. I think we reserved a table for 14, since a lot of family members are coming to the ceremony. Tomorrow Lester goes through the graduation ceremony in Hinkle Fieldhouse. He was limited on tickets for that, so only a few of us will attend.

Yesterday was a good busy day. I got everything finished for Sunday, so I can let it all go until tomorrow night. I also smoked 2 chickens, 2 pork shoulders, and a brisket. I mowed the grass, and got a bike ride in as well. Multi-tasking to the max.

My bike ride late yesterday afternoon was from my house over to Williams and back. Can you say HILLS? My speed varied from 39 mph to 7 mph. My bike computer showed it being 12.5 miles from my house to the railroad crossing in Williams. I felt good the whole way, and the more I do the hills, the easier they get to do. That's what I was hoping for. I have a 65 mile ride at Crane a week from tomorrow. It is a very hilly 65 miles.

After the ride, Kedra and I went to watch church softball. Rebecca and Maddie play for the girls, while Ben and Lester play for the boys. It was a pleasant evening to watch. Ben could not play because he had football practice. He did not get home until after 9:30, which I think is... Well, let's keep it positive this morning.

I left the boy's game in time to get to the pool at 8. I had my best night ever in the pool. I still have a ways to go, but I am making good progress toward becoming a triathlete and hopefully an Ironman. Long, long way to go.

OK, off to Indy we go!

No comments: