Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning Friday! Good morning summer vacation for Mitchell schoolers! Good bye routine! See you in August.  Yes, routine will be hard to come by for the next several weeks. Everyone in my house will be doing the late night, not so early getting up, thing. This makes for an interesting challenge for the old man who likes the opposite. It's OK, though, I like the summer and the fun it brings.

I had a nice ride yesterday morning with Tim the Elder. We made our way through Amish country and back - 32 miles of good riding. Then it was back to work for me. It was a good day. Productive  any way you measure it.

This weekend is going to be about endurance. First there are all the graduation parties, which are really nice. I think we have a total of 4 venues to visit Friday night and Saturday. Some of the venues have more than one graduate being celebrated. We'll make 3 visits Saturday before ending up in Jeffersonville Saturday evening for a wedding.

As far as endurance athletics is concerned, there is a lot going on there too. First, I will go for a 5-7 mile run this morning, hopefully around 7 a.m. Tomorrow morning at 7, several of us are doing a 42 mile ride, followed by a 3 mile run. Sunday afternoon, Jim S. is hosting the Me N Steve Triathlon. It's an informal gathering that includes an open water swim, followed by a bike ride of about 25 miles, followed by a 5K. Yes, it is going to be on the warm side, especially during the run.

I'm not sure what the plans are for Monday, but I hope to ride and run some more. I remember last year riding my first Metric Century on Memorial Day. The distance is 100 km or 62 miles, and I did it by myself. I've already ridden 750 miles this year and have a 50 miler and 65 miler in, so I am literally miles ahead of last year. This should help when it comes time for RAIN.

OK, need to run and then I have some work to do the rest of the day.  Enjoy the long weekend!

No comments: