Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! How are you today? It's going to be a good, busy day AND in the 70s. Sounds good to me. I'm enjoying my 2nd cup of coffee this morning. For some reason I had trouble waking and getting up this morning. This is very unusual for me. Maybe there is a chance that I am normal after all? Yeah, you're right. No chance of that.

I got a really nice call from my lovely daughter Rebecca yesterday. She is a freshman at Lipscomb and had just a meeting with a woman regarding his plans for the fall semester. Rebecca is going to study in Costa Rica. It is a total immersion language environment. She will live with a Costa Rican family and all her classes will be taught in Spanish.

She was very excited to learn that she will earn enough Spanish credits that she can now double major in Spanish and elementary education. I'm really excited and happy for her, although it will be hard not seeing her for about 4 months in the fall. Kedra and I thought of traveling to see her, but I don't think that is going to be possible.

Yesterday was another good day. I got lots of things done again. You know me: I love crossing things off a list. Lots of lines were drawn through words on a list yesterday. I did lots of things and saw lots of people. It was all good.

As I got into late afternoon, I managed to get ready for a short bike ride. I was literally dressed and out the door when my phone rang, which was inside a small bag that I wear while riding. I dug around and found it, barely missing the call. It was from Tim S. I called him back and learned that he and Mike were getting ready to ride. I would love to ride with them, so I made some adjustments to my plans. Now it would be a fairly closely timed brick: ride followed by run.

As I went outside to load my bike up, it was raining! It wasn't hard, but I didn't really want to get wet at all at 60 degrees. Also I didn't want to get road slime all over my beautiful bike, so with some trepidation (anticipating abuse for weeks), I called and cancelled. Then the Kestrel jokes started... But before it was all over, Mike and Tim also decided not to ride. Of course Iron Bill rode. Hey, he's Iron Bill. And he uses a back up bike.

With the ride cancelled, it was a leisurely prep for the run. No brick for you! ( Soup Nazi voice) A few of us showed up for the run. Jim and Bill tempoed. Kathy and Robin did some speed work also. Tim the Elder, recovering from an injury, ran 3, while Tim S. and I ran 5. It was a nice time. I still don't feel fully recovered from Boston.

Tim S and I talked about the upcoming 65 mile Crane ride, and we also talked about RAIN. We are committed to that as well, so my riding plans are coming together. Now, I have to get the swim thing to the point that I can survive the water portion of a short tri. Soon!

After the run I went to Mr. Gatti's for a Honduras fund raiser. It was nice to see such a good turn out for that.


No comments: