Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

How are you on this Wednesday? It's 66 and dry. Another missed forecast, evidently. I was kinda expecting to be woke by storms overnight, which is my least favorite storm scenario. Oh well, it didn't happen. I slept pretty well, even though I woke up hot a few times. I never progressed past the sheet last night.

Yesterday was a good day. I had lots of little things to do and I mostly got them done. I spent a significant amount of time thinking about and preparing for Sunday. It's Easter you know. There is an expectation that things will be different on that day, as far as the assembly is concerned. I'm not sure why? I guess because we have the once a year group show up? ha ha. We really celebrate the Resurrection every Sunday (everyday really). I'm looking forward to it and think it will be a good day. No beer commercial this year.

Spent some time with Pat A yesterday, working through the Story of the crucifixion and resurrection. It helps me tremendously to talk through the Story with another person. We've been working together for the last 3 months on this present series, Finding Your Place in the Story of God. Synergy!

Yesterday afternoon I got to do a little work on a project for the Store. For a long time we have wanted to pass out some literature with the purchases people make. That, in part, is what inspired my little thought for the day series (called Think Along) that I put out here, on Facebook, and email out to a church distribution group. I also have a website for them all. I'm still working on that, so I will wait to give you the URL later. The idea is to present a postcard with a thought on one side, and on the other side we will have information about the Store as a ministry and encouragement for people to pursue a relationship with God. I hope to develop a similar thing for our food pantry.

Our Tuesday evening run was a hot one! I saw 89 on the River's Edge church sign on my way over. That sign runs a little hot, but it was at least north of 85. We run by another sign, and when I went by it, it said 87. Since it was so warm, I decide, along with a few others, to just run and not try do any speed work. I was pleased with it. I ran pretty well and a little quicker than I thought I would. Basically at this point there is nothing I can do to improve my performance at Boston. There is plenty I can do to diminish it, if I don't rest and taper properly. Careful!

I will run a short easy run today, probably bike tomorrow and maybe Friday, run 10 miles Saturday, and then dramatically taper next week. It's hard to believe I am here in taper land! It has been a long, fun journey.

I'm excited about this weekend! All of my children will be home. Rebecca is coming in Thursday night. I have not seen her since February, and Luke will be home Friday. Lester and Maddie are also coming in Friday. Ben is here of course. And Ben is pretty bummed right now. His truck's transmission is going out. I think he will replace it himself, but he has to find a replacement. In the meantime, he is going to drive it, hoping that it will keep working for a while longer.

Today should be interesting. I have lots of different things going on. I will see several people and have various activities thrown in along the way. Let's go!

No comments: