Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Tuesday a.m.


Good morning! A beautiful, warm Tuesday is going to unfold before us today, and I am ready. This video is interesting to me. It's Lance Armstrong comparing the Tour de France with Ironman. Lance started out as a triathlete and then moved into cycling totally. Now he is coming back to the triathlon. He has done 2 70.3 Ironman events recently, including last Sunday. He finished 7th. He is doing the full Ironman in France in a few weeks. He finds running to be the hardest of the 3 events.

Yesterday was a nice day. I started out with a nice easy run before making my way to town. I moved the church trailer, which was full of clothes that we picked up last week from Jeffersonville, down to the Store. They are going to bale these clothes over a 2-3 day period. I had a few meetings and conversations about various things, and then I started working on some writing projects. I enjoy writing.

Last night I went for my Monday night lesson in humility, i.e., I went to the pool. Glacial-like progress is how I would describe last night. I will keep after it until I get it or drown. Perseverance.

On the way home from the pool I had one of those moments of insight of how blessed I am. It's so easy to see all the things that are not right, and in my position I see and know a lot that fits into that category: abuse, divorce, deception, etc. It's easy to be drawn in/sucked in to all that, and to be helpful, you have to be to a certain extent, but you (I) have to look up at times to see the blessings. Last night was one of those times. Thank God.

Tonight is tempo Tuesday. It's supposed to be in the 80s, so I'm guess we will scale back some from what we would usually do. We will cover around 7 miles one way or another. I've been looking at extended forecasts for Boston. Interesting.

I hope your day goes great!

No comments: