Monday, April 09, 2012

Monday a.m.


Good morning!

Oh Monday morning
Monday morning couldn't guarantee
That Monday evening
You would still be here with me.

OK, so I broke out in song--the old Mamas and Papas song... Sorry. Oh no, here's comes so more.

Ba-da ba-da-da-da Ba-da ba-da-da-da Ba-daba-da-da-da Monday, monday (ba-da ba-da-da-da) So good to me.

I hope you had a good weekend! Mine was simple and simply enjoyable. All of my children were home, and we were able to spend some time together. Lester and Maddie came in Friday evening, and Luke arrived around bedtime. Saturday I went for a nice easy 10 mile run and then went to help at Lester and Maddie's new place. Everybody was pitching in, working, helping out. It was a lot of fun. Saturday evening I grilled out some steaks, and we enjoyed a nice meal together after a day of working. That's hard to beat, for me.

Yesterday was a good day at church: a nice crowd and a good assembly. We ended it with the video above, which captured our theme and the images we were thinking through during the sermon. We invited people to tweet yesterday, and they did (#mcoc). That was interesting and entertaining.

We had a nice family gathering after church. A good meal followed by an Easter egg hunt. Sadly we had to say good-bye to our kids going back to where they live, but that's OK. They are all doing great, and, of course, Lester and Maddie will be living here soon. That reality hits me occasionally. I just smile when it does.

Yesterday afternoon I went on an enjoyable bike ride with Mike, Morgan, Greg, Dan and Bill. It was so pleasant riding our 30 mile Amish loop, soaking up the sunshine, talking and laughing. That will be my last ride until after the Boston Marathon. I want to keep my legs fresh.

Today I am going to start my day at the courthouse in Bedford, supporting a friend of mine whose son was murdered almost two years ago. It's outside of my comfort zone, but I care a lot about this grieving mother.

My run today will take place this evening in Bedford. I want to run with the group. This week is all about hard taper, so 5 today, 5 tomorrow, 4 Wednesday, and a short run or two between then and Monday. Tapering is hard in lots of ways. I've got to really watch what I eat this week since I'm not burning my usual 7,000 extra calories. After this evening's run, it will be another adventure in the pool for me.


No comments: