Monday, April 02, 2012

Monday a.m.

Good morning! Here we go again, the start of another week. Are you ready? Ready or not, it's here. It's weirdly warm again this morning, unlike yesterday morning. It was strange to wake up to rain yesterday, especially after looking at the forecast before heading to bed: 10% chance of rain... Oh well.

The morning rain probably helped me out yesterday. It kept me from riding my bike yesterday afternoon. I was going to ride 31 miles with some friends, but the wet road made me decide against it. Last time I rode on wet roads I had a nasty cruddy crud all over my beautiful bike. Since we ride through Amish country, part of it was "Amish exhaust," which is really hard to clean off a bike. It was probably best I did not ride. I was a little tired from the 20 miler on Saturday. Rest is the key concept for the next 2 weeks.

Sunday, for me, started at Spring Mill Park. I spoke in the meeting house yesterday morning. There were a total of 5 of us, but we had a nice time of worship. It was the first gathering of the year, and it was raining. In the crowd were two brothers from Kentucky. They were nice and interesting guys. After we finished our time of worship, they started telling stories of their childhood church experiences. They also talked about some chivarees, telling funny stories. I was almost late for Sunday school.

Instead of riding my bike yesterday afternoon I took a brief nap, did some reading, walked around outside, looked at next Sunday's sermon idea, and generally relaxed. We hosted our life group as usual, and then enjoyed the evening before heading to bed. There is a show on TV now that has caught my interest. It's called Doomsday Preppers. Wow!

Two weeks from right now, Lord willing, I will be in Boston, probably heading toward downtown to get on a bus to ride out to Hopkinton. I'm not especially looking forward to that part, but it's all a part of the process.

Time to seize the day!

No comments: