Saturday, April 14, 2012

Hot Child in the City


April 16 (Monday) Boston weather notes:

Normal high: 56
Record high: 84 (2003)
Forecast high: 87

I am going to take it easy and do my best to simply enjoy the experience! The usual question of how to dress for a marathon is not an issue this time. Hydration is the key word. I have not been very good at running in the heat in the past, but I think this one will be different. We've had some warm weather leading up to this race, unlike my experience in Louisville.

We had a great trip to Boston yesterday. The flights were good, and Mary picked us up at the airport. We are staying in an unbelievably nice 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment on the 21st floor. We have beautiful views of Boston. It's really nice.

We have all our groceries put up and ready to go. We enjoyed a good night's sleep last night. Today I am going running with Gregg, Mary's husband. It will be short and slow -- just like me! We'll do 3 easy miles. I hope to run over to where I will board the bus on Monday morning.

Later in the morning, we'll get on the subway and go over to the expo to pick up my packet and see all the goodies they have to offer.  It's going to be a beautiful day in Boston today and tomorrow. Monday will be nice for those not running!

No comments: