Friday, April 06, 2012

Good Friday

Last night at the pool, a guy with a video camera slipped in and started filming. I really resisted him, but he insisted. Finally I said, "OK, only if you change the name to protect my identity." So that's what he did. You can see from the video that I have made some progress over the last few weeks. With a new fast bike and being in good running shape, I am getting ready to rock the world of triathlon. Watch out Lance, you have some competition.

The highlight of yesterday was having Rebecca come home! It was so good to see her. She looks good and is doing well. Today she is going to school to observe a couple of teachers as part of one of her Lipscomb class assignments.  To make her visit back home even more pleasant, she brought home Starbucks Coffee! Her meal plan, that she does fully use, allows her to buy coffee at the Starbucks at Lipscomb.

Today I have a meeting (here in a few minutes) and then I speak at a Good Friday service at Tulip Street. Following that I plan to ride 30+ miles with some friends. It will be a little cool, but it will be fun.

This evening Lester and Maddie will come from Indy and Luke will come from Nashville. Everyone should be home by bedtime. I am looking forward to that and to the weekend. Tomorrow morning I have my last double digit run before Boston - an easy 10 miler. Ten days!

1 comment:

Jason Petty said...

That's quite the progress you are showing! Looks like the Boston Marathon is just a warmup for the Ironman ;)

Happy Easter!