Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday morning

Good morning! It was nice to wake up to a warmer morning. Yesterday's 30s, while around normal for this time of the year, seemed a little chilly didn't they? I think those mid 70s and 80s a few days ago really spoiled us. I wonder if we are going to get the really cold snap that we usually do in the Spring -- the one that could destroy the peach crop?

Yesterday... as I wrote that I started to sing the old Beatles song.

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Now, it's stuck in your head too! ha ha I really have no idea where any of that came from. As I was saying, yesterday was enjoyable. I spent some time studying, thinking about Sunday's message. It's going to be about the message of Jesus, surveying the Sermon on the Mount and then settling into Luke 15. Jesus pushes us way beyond rules to living from the heart and having the (inclusive, forgiving) heart of God.

Pat A and I had lunch together yesterday and then spent some time talking about life and the message for Sunday. Before I met him, I went by the Bike Doctor to pick up my bike. I had him (bike doc) put the wheels I won on my bike and make the needed adjustments. When I opened the door of the bike shop, there it was. Shafts of light rained down from heaven, illuminating this thing of beauty. I stood there in awe and a tear ran down my cheek. I stood motionless. Steve, the bike doc, gently brought me back to the present by saying, "It's ready." Ready indeed. The bike looks very fast. Now the pressure is on the motor.

Last night's run was good and fun. We had a large group of folks gather at Parkview. Everyone seemed happy and in good spirits last night, more than usual. Maybe it was the really nice weather? We broke into 2 main groups. A fast group doing 10 miles at an announced 6:50 pace. This group always lies and goes faster than they say. My group was the 7:50 group. We sometimes lie also. Interesting enough, both groups ran a little faster than announced. The fast group came in at around 6:44 and my group came in around 7:42. Both groups were a little fragmented at the end. Rand pulled away from "my" group and came in about a minute before everyone else. I felt good and comfortable most of the run, which was the goal.

Saturday we are planning to do the Bloomington to Bedford 20 mile run again. We are meeting at Avoca at 7:30. Tomorrow evening I am going to ride with some friends, trying out the new wheels. Today I will do a short recovery run.

Time to get going -- lots to do today!

No comments: