Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Tuesday a.m.


Last week an email came from the Boston Marathon. They have changed their mind, and I can't go. Just kidding! ha ha. It was an email asking me to confirm my entry information. This dream is starting to get real! It's only 41 days away. The next 3 weeks or so are the time to hit it the hardest without getting hurt. Push it to the red line!

Yesterday was a busy one! Most of the day was taken up with disaster relief plans and conversations. I don't know how many phone calls and emails I did yesterday, but it was a lot. Greg McBride is a good leader, and I think we have a pretty good plan in place. We are going to meet with a couple more guys on Wednesday who are doing something similar. We want our effort to be united.

The disaster, coupled with being behind from being in Honduras, means that I have a long list of things to do and people to see. I hope today will be a day that I can get to a lot of it. A study of the prophets and Babylonian Exile also await me. I think it's going to be an interesting day!

The day will end with a 10 mile run, and the rumor is that our short tempo has been changed into a longer, 6 mile steady state run. That would actually fit my training better, so that's probably what I will do. Warm up for a couple of miles and then run 6 miles around a 7 minute per mile pace, and then cool down for 2 miles. I think the plan for Saturday is to run from Bloomington to Bedford, finding a 20 miler along the way. Those who have run Boston say that the grades/hills on that course are similar to Boston.

Need to hit the books!

No comments: