Thursday, March 01, 2012

Thursday morning

Wow, I slept well last night! I guess I was making up for the night before. The day we left Honduras I got up and ran 10 miles, so I started the long journey on the tired side. Our trip home was good but long. We leave Honduras around 1 p.m. Central time and fly to Houston, which takes less than 3 hours. In Houston we usually have around a 3 hour layover, which is not too bad. We have to clear passport control, pick up checked bags, go through customs, re-check the bags, and then go through security again. It takes a while to do all that, and by the time you get something to eat, the wait is not all that long. The flight from Houston to Indy is less than 2 hours, arriving around 11 p.m. Eastern time. It's always good to get back home.

Yesterday I tried to get myself back together and focused on what is coming rapidly: Sunday. I got up at the usual time and forced myself to do some things, including going for a 5 mile run. I'm right in the heart of training for Boston, so I can't miss too many workouts. It was hard to concentrate yesterday, but I got a few things done. Today I have a busy schedule, which will hinder sermon prep. It's all OK. I've got tomorrow and Saturday to get it all done.

I better go for now. I have lots more to share about the trip and other things, and I will over the course of the next few blogs. 

No comments: