Thursday, March 15, 2012

Thursday a.m.

Good morning! How are you on this fine, warm morning? It's going to be another weirdly warm day. Oh well. Sure is pleasant. I'm looking at the radar and seeing a few showers, which is not what I want to see. I need to do another (my third this week) early, before the sun comes up, run. I think I will be OK.

I need a 7 miler this morning. It, coupled with my 6 miler from yesterday morning, will position me for a 22 miler on Saturday, which will give me another 50 mile week. As far as training for Boston goes, the time is now! I have this week and couple more to hit it hard and hope everything holds together. I feel strong and fit right now, so my confidence is growing. I am starting to get excited!

Yesterday was a busy day! I had 3 meetings in a row yesterday morning and then I saw a bunch of people in various places in life. It was an interesting day that ended in my class last night. We talked about the 400 years of silence between the Old and New Testaments. My class reenacted it for me by saying little! Ha ha, just kidding. Well, sorta! There is just a lot to process from a historical standpoint. The class reaction is making me rethink my sermon plan, which is what the class is designed to do.

Sermon prep today will be in an interesting environment. I will work inside a bus today. I am driving a group of students to Brownsburg for the Challenger Learning Experience, or something like that. My kids did it when they were in school. They get to do a space mission. It's pretty neat, and it will provide a good quiet place to work. I've prepared a few sermons over the years in a bus. The money I receive will go to fund some of my endurance atheletics habits. (Bus driving in the fall bought me my bike!)

Well, I better get going here soon. I hope your day goes really well.

No comments: