Sunday, March 18, 2012

Spring Break

Good morning! I wanted to check in with you this morning before I check out this afternoon. Kedra and I are headed to Alabama some time this afternoon and will be gone for a few days. It's spring break, and so I will take a little break from here and from a few other daily things I do. I might be back at the end of the week, maybe sooner, depending on Internet connections and desire. ha ha

I'm in my final prep for my sermon this morning, and I am finishing up my class also. I think I am just about ready for both. Thus, I have a little time to tell you about a few things. First, Rebecca is in Mexico on a mission trip with Lipscomb. She is working in a children's home this week. Please pray for her.

On Friday I had a great bike ride with Bill and Tim the Elder. It was fun and went really well. The weather was in the 60s and the road was a bit damp. That led to the only downside of the ride. My bike was a mess when I got finished. I spent about an hour in the evening cleaning it up. The bike looks so nice that I enjoyed restoring its beauty through a bath. Yes, that sounds really weird. We rode a little more than 30 miles Friday.

Yesterday I had my longest long run of this training cycle. I went 22 miles, and it went really well. Most experts say your long run should be a minute slower than your intended race pace. My intended race pace for Boston is 7:59, and yesterday I ran a comfortable 8:41. I actually cranked out a 8:13 for mile 21 and 7:53 for mile 22, which tells me that I am in pretty good shape and had plenty left. I am just hoping for a good weather day in Boston. I ended up with 50 miles for the week.

In Alabama I hope to get some good quality running in, and I'm taking my bike to get a few easy rides in. I am working on some adjustments as far as fitting is concerned. That's always a work in progress, so it will be good to have some extra time to work on that. Plus there are some great places to ride in AL.

OK! See you soon.

No comments: