Monday, March 26, 2012

Monday morning


Here we go! I don't know why, but I woke up a little after 4, seemingly ready to get up. I fought it for a little while and then gave in, gave up and got up around 4:30. Oh well, I feel good! Wonder what will happen mid afternoon?

My Life Group met at the ReGeneration Store last night for a couple of hours. We baled clothes and had a wonderful time. "You did what??" Baled clothes. We bale clothes all the time at the Store. We bale clothes that did not sell after a few weeks on the rack, and we bale clothes that we can't or won't sell, due to inferior quality. Last night we were baling clothes in another category.

Well-intentioned people sent tons, literally tons, of clothes into the tornado disaster area. Most of them weren't used, which then created a problem for collection sites. One of them called us and asked if we could take the clothes, and we said yes. We are baling the clothes and selling them and then donating money, beyond the worth of the clothes, back to the disaster relief folks. It's good for everyone!

The baled clothes are sold by us to a group in Canada. There the bales are opened, and, if I understand it correctly, some of the clothes are then shipped to developing countries and some are used to make paper. Nothing is wasted. We use the dollars from the baled clothes to do ministry. In this case we are giving generous donations to help with tornado relief. It's another way Capstone Ministries generates revenue to help people in need.

Some of us going to Jeffersonville today to take supplies down. We are going to return with a box truck load of clothes. We are taking a truck and trailer also. There are that many more clothes to bring back and bale.

The video above is going to be my focus in the pool tonight! Last Thursday I had a pretty frustrating time in the water, but it was probably my most significant night in some ways. I am very close to putting everything together for triathlon swimming. The breathing is the hard part for me. I tend to panic. That's probably not the right word. Let's say I have not learned to relax in the water and this just exacerbates everything.  I've never been comfortable in the water, but I am getting there. Slowly. I've spent more time in the water in the last 2 months than I have in all my 53 years combined. That's no exaggeration at all!

Lester and Maddie get possession of their house today! Lester finished his pharmacy rotations and is basically finished with his pharmacy degree. Wow, that 6 years seemed quick to me. Probably not as quick for him! He is going to spend a lot of time working on their new place. The North Central Church honored them yesterday, which was really nice. They will now make the slow transition from Indy to Bedford over the next 4-5 weeks.

Rebecca had a great trip to Mexico. She worked in a children's home all last week and loved it. She loves children, so she was in the right place doing the right thing. Luke spent his last spring break traveling around with various friends. He graduates the week before Lester and then heads to Guatemala for a little while before, hopefully, beginning a civil engineering job with the firm where his interning.

Off we go...

No comments: