Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday a.m.

Kathy & Rand Hammel, Jim Sowders, Ryan Roberts, Bill Deckard, John Heatherly, and Larry Moffatt.

Larry Moffatt and me with John Heatherly in the background

Good morning! How are you adjusting to time change? Evidently my body decided that I didn't need much sleep last night. I went to be later than usual and woke up much earlier than usual, and I felt like I never went to sleep. Oh well, I was due for one of those nights. I think it was the warm, moist air? I had the window by my bed open fairly wide last night.

How was your weekend? Wasn't the weather amazing? It was a little cool Saturday morning but warmed up nicely. We had a nice group for our Bloomington to Bedford 20 miler. It was actually a Bloomington to Oolitic and back to Avoca 20 mile run, but that's harder to say (ha ha).

We met at Avoca and piled in one vehicle and headed to the medical offices on Tapp Road. We dropped water and Gatorade on the way up at 3 spots. We had a great run! The group I was in completed it in 2:47:55 for an 8:24 pace. I was very pleased with that for a training run on a hilly course. I THINK you can see the details here:
Untitled by awb330 at Garmin Connect - Details

Luke was home this weekend, which was so nice! I miss having him around SO much! He brought Lydia with him, and it was nice to get to know her better. Luke is working at large engineering firm in Nashville as a paid intern. He and we are hoping that it will turn into a full time position when he graduates in May. He is making a trip to Guatemala right after he graduates to see about his bridge that he designed for his senior project.

Yesterday, after church and a lunch, I managed to get out on my bike for a little while. It was so nice! The wind was light and temps were just right. I didn't have time to do much, but I got a quick 10+ mile ride in.

Today I am heading to Pekin, along with a bunch of other people, to do chainsaw work. I'm not exactly sure what we are getting into, but I think I know (ha ha). I am really looking forward to it. I love helping people and I love running my chainsaw. Today they come together in a nice way.

OK, I've got lots of things to do before I go, including a 5 mile run... I plan to end the day in the pool at 8 this evening.

No comments: