Friday, March 16, 2012

Friday

Wow, I slept in this morning! Made it to 5:50 a.m. I was up a little later than usual last night. I went to the pool, and I don't get home from it until around 9:30. It takes me a while to unwind after that. Plus, last night IU was playing basketball. They are starting to draw me back in after years of my apathy.

Sleep in = running behind this morning. Oh well... I had a good day yesterday. I didn't get to run in the morning, because the storms just kept coming along. I had to be at the bus barn around 9, so I simply didn't have enough time to get a 7 miler in. No problem! Once I got to Indy, I did the Superman thing, using a bus, instead of a phone booth. Off I went into the midday sun for seven. It was a decent run.

I came back to the bus, cleaned up, changed back into Clark Kent and continued sermon prep. I got a start on it before we left, due to not running at home yesterday morning. This sermon is going to be different. I really like it, which means most people won't -- ha ha. That seems to be the way it works.

Other preachers tell me the same. "The ones I like don't seem to capture anyone's attention. The cruddy ones - those are the ones the people like." Hey, it's all God's word and doesn't return back to him without doing something. The key is the sermon must be based on Scripture. Oh well, enough preaching theory.

It seems that the last 5 minutes in the pool are always the most productive, and that was the case last night. I THINK I am "this close" to swimming. I'm getting excited about that. Once there, I can start the new dream of becoming at triathlete.

The bike is calling my name! I hear it, and a couple of my friends have heard theirs also. I am not a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but I think a 32 mile ride could happen today. Tomorrow is a 22 mile run.

I hope your weekend goes really well!

No comments: