Friday, March 02, 2012

Friday!


Good morning! I hope you have had a good week! Keep an eye to the sky today. Usually, however, when storm predictions are hyped like they are this time, they turn out to be less. I hope that's the case this time too. 

I'm still way behind in my prep for Sunday, but I'm OK with all that. I'll just take it as it comes. Yesterday was a busy day. I did get some of my sermon started, but then I left it to go see people and do things. I saw a man who is dying. He's afraid. There are lots of challenges with this one, but the biggest is that his speech is hard to understand. I had trouble following all that he was saying.

I saw a few other people yesterday also, and I went to an ethics committee meeting at St. Vincent Dunn. I really enjoy these meetings and always learn a lot. One of the weirdest things that I learned yesterday is that people steal the crucifixes off the walls of the hospital. Wow! That's complicated! Think about it. ha ha.

The ReGeneration Store is a regular hangout for me. Yesterday was no exception. It's a great place to see lots of people. The store continues to do amazingly well. We had our best February ever. By far. This means more ministry dollars to help people in need. It is an awesome blessing to so many. We are so thankful for it all.

Yesterday evening we got to have dinner with Lester and Maddie. They were down to close on their house in Bedford! We are so happy for them and are so excited to have them coming back home to live. They get possession of their house in mid to late March but won't move in until May.

The picture above is from our adopted village of Guajire in Honduras. It is a grandmother with her granddaughter. Steve, Dan, and Warren built a house for the little girl and her family. I got to visit them a few days later. They were so grateful. They are members of the church in Guajire.

Tomorrow I am driving the Mitchell track team to DePauw University, so I will be gone all day. This means I need to do my long run, a 20 miler, sometime today. I'm going to have to do a detailed study of the weather to see what window opens. Could be a challenge in several ways today. I am hoping to get 50 miles this week, which means, if I get 20 today, then I will need to run 5 more tomorrow. Doable!

My quads are still burning from my 10 miler in the mountains of Honduras on Tuesday. I hope to post about running in Honduras next week. It was quite an amazing experience!

OK, here we go!


No comments: