Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday a.m.

Good morning! If you live for Fridays, then today is your day! Two weeks from right now we will be getting ready to head to the airport for a nice little flight to Boston. It's hard to believe that it's so close now. I've dreamed of this most of my life. I'll talk about that some more as we get closer to the day.

Yesterday was good day! I got a good start on my sermon before I had a meeting with a few other guys who do what I do. It was an interesting meeting of generations. It worked out that we had one guy in his 30s, one in the 40s, one in the 50s, one in the 60s, and one in his 70s. We discussed some the issues that we all face. If I told you, I would have to kill you, so don't ask. Top secret preacher stuff. I know it's hard to believe, but the meeting went pretty long.

After the meeting I got a few other things done, and then it was time for the maiden voyage with my Kestrel and her new carbon clincher wheels. I thought there was going to be a large group meet at Lighthouse, but it turned out to just be 2 others, Mike and Bill. Bill rode from Bedford, and Mike drove in. We prepped and then it was time to roll, and roll we did! I couldn't believe the difference the wheels made. Sweet!

We had a very pleasant ride. It was a good mixture of relaxed riding with some experimentation with speed. Here is Bill's description of the ride. After the ride, I grabbed a smoothie from Lighthouse and headed out to the pool. There I made some more progress, and it was also good for my humility. ha ha.

Today it's back to sermon prep +. I've got someone coming from Layfayette with some supplies for the tornado folks, and I need to help pick up some furniture for the Store. At some point I want to head over and see how Lester and Maddie are doing. Lester put the final coat on the hardwood floors yesterday. It looks good!

Maddie came down last night and was happy with the progress. She is looking forward to having a couple of days to work on their new place. Maddie had her first gun experience last night. Lester bought an old 12 gauge recently and talked Maddie into firing it. I think you can view it HERE. Notice the recoil pad on her shoulder. She may not be able to work today, due to deafness and a sore shoulder.

Tomorrow I do my final 20 miler with a group running from Bloomington to Bedford. Should be fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The video of Maddie and the shotgun is great!

Pat A