Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Wednesday a.m.

Good morning! I hope this midweek finds you moving along well. Don't you love Pepe Le Pew (PLP)? I do. In fact, last night I fully intended to wear my Pepe Le Pew necktie as a part of my running gear for our Tuesday evening run, but I simply forgot. As I shared my intention and forgetfulness with the running group, Rand, stimulated by the reference, shared that he had heard, and he wasn't clear about a connection with PLP, that February is the month that skunks mate. The conversation deteriorated from there.

I had a surprisingly good run last night. As I planned, I did not run a tempo run but rather just a longer easy run. Tim G and I ran together and did 9 miles. I was pleased with it. It was a decent pace and my heart rate stayed relatively low  and I felt fresh, which means my recovery from a hilly half was pretty quick. I took some abuse for not tempoing, but I know my body and my plan. I am on a 50 mile week plan this week, so I need to be careful about intensity.

Ben is one happy young man! He got his driver's license yesterday! He took the driving test right after school and passed, and then he took the written test. He passed that without any problems as well. He has patiently waited for a long time. Three lives changed pretty dramatically as a result. Kedra and I will not have to transport him to all his activities any longer, and he has some new freedoms. It's all good!

This time next week I will be getting ready to board a airplane heading to Honduras. Yikes! This will be my 6th trip. I've got to start thinking about getting prepared really soon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think Pepe Le Pew needs glasses. He can't tell the difference between a skunk and a black cat with white paint on it's back.

Pat A