Friday, February 17, 2012

Friday!

Good morning and hello Friday! It's a rare Friday for me. I have only a few things left to do for Sunday, far less than usual. I like this feeling! That means I can do a little extra reading today and a few others things that I don't usually get to. I need to start getting my mind around my trip to Honduras, which is rapidly approaching. I leave around 3 a.m. on Wednesday.

Kedra and I are going to get some practice at being empty-nesters this weekend. Ben, along with about 50 other people, left this morning for Winterfest in Gatlinburg. The highlight of our weekend here will be celebrating Valentine's Day tomorrow evening. We'll enjoy a nice meal somewhere.

Yesterday was productive no matter how you measure it. I got a lot done and had some really good conversations with some folks facing some real life issues. It was a blessed day. Included in that day were a couple of training activities. I managed a nice hilly 10 miler, and I went to the pool last night. I think I had a little breakthrough there, so I'm gaining some confidence. I'm not truly swimming yet, but I am getting closer. 

Tomorrow is my first 20 miler of this training cycle. Looks like the weather will be decent. 

No comments: