Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday delay


Good morning! I should be about 9 miles into my 16 miler, but I'm sitting in my Lazy Boy chair, enjoying the warmth of the fireplace. I would rather enjoy its warm after completing a nice long run. Why am I not running? ICE! Our road and my driveway are very slick!

I went out before 7 to see if I could get out with my truck. I found out pretty quickly that things were bad. I went out first on foot and almost fell several times. I lost my house shoe in a mud puddle that I didn't see and that didn't hold me up, so I had to go back to the house with one shoe and two socks. I then went and retrieved my wet, muddy shoe. For some reason it made me laugh.

Next I tried getting my truck out, thinking that the ice layer might break up under the weight of a vehicle. Wrong! I managed to get in the yard, where I could get better traction. I got onto the road a couple of times, but I couldn't go very far. I had to back/slide down.  Right now my truck is barely off the road, awkwardly positioned in my front yard. Oh well. Best I can tell no one has been by our house today so far.

I am hoping for a noon run -- that's what my buddies have announced as the time for our run today. I hoping that a salt/sand truck will come by and get the road passable. I think the highways are clear. If I can't get out, then I'll get back on the bike trainer again today. It's pictured above.

My favorite part is the fan that I suspended from the ceiling. Kedra was nearly mortified by what I thought was quite a creative, ingenious move. I think I heard "tacky" in a tone that was like a groan. What? Notice the table holding my computer, phone, and I-pod. Also seen are my sit-up bench and part of the Torso Track apparatus. My new bike, not pictured, is positioned on the other side of the room. I can look at it and imagine the fun we'll have outside one of these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

For some reason, that makes me laugh as well!


Pat A