Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday!



I don't know why I chose a hair theme today? Maybe it's because I got a haircut last night? I opted for the style of the top picture.

So we are under a Winter Weather Advisory? Oh well. My only concern is that it's going to mess with my 16 mile run in the morning. Running on ice is not much fun. Neither are hill repeats! I do like the results though, and isn't that why we do lots of things that are not pleasant at the time?

No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees.
Hebrews 12:11,12

The hill repeats are getting... I wouldn't say easier, but I would say that I'm getting stronger and dread them less. Yesterday, for my final repeat, I chose a steeper, longer hill, just to ramp things up a little.

Today, as far as a workout is concerned, is bike trainer day. I would much rather ride outside, but I don't think the weather is going to reach my acceptable range for outside riding. I have my trainer set up so that I can surf the Internet while I ride. I also listen to Led Zeppelin, often looking at the lyrics to their songs on the web. I know, I know, there are several things about the last few sentences that strike you as odd. What can I say? I have always liked LZ's music -- lots of interesting lyrics.

Pat A and I met yesterday to work on Sunday's sermon. We had a good meeting. Synergy! I was really intrigued by the idea, in Genesis 2, of the breath of life. Pat had actually done a sermon on the topic and shared some of his findings, and I looked up some things as well. Did you know that:
  • Most adults breath 12-20 per minute
  • Most us of us take around 27,000 breaths per day
I was struck by the fact that every breath is a gift of God and is a silent praise to him, whether we acknowledge it/him or not.

No comments: