Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Tuesday!

Hello Tuesday! I like you. For some reason you are one of my favorite days of the week.

Did you survive all the rain? I know you know that I'm nuts, but I really like rainy days like yesterday. Not totally sure why, but I do. I like being inside watching it rain, but I like being out in it also. Yesterday morning I helped my Dad and Ben load out some calves, which was fun. The truck and trailer got slightly stuck only once, so that wasn't bad.

Seems like I was out and about in the rain a fair amount during the day. I went here and there seeing people and doing things, splashing in puddles along the way. Last night I went for a run with a bunch of other crazies (I know that's what most of you are thinking, so I beat you to the punch - ha ha!). I had a really good run; I felt good and picked up the pace for the last 2-3 miles, going 7.30 for the last mile. My 26.2 plan is really going to help my training. I'm getting rid of a lot of the impurities in my body, making it more efficient.

Today is another day packed with good things. Gonna run 7 miles, see a bunch of people, email & text others, have lunch with another former student, hang out at the food pantry, and generally do what I do. I try to model my life and ministry on the words that Peter used to describe Jesus (Acts 10):

He went around doing good.

Some days I simply try to do no harm - ha ha! Don't always succeed. Most days I try to be aware of simply doing good, even in the smallest simplest of ways; nothing flashy, fancy or really worth talking about. It may be just a smile or a pleasant word to a cashier, maybe a nice tip to a waitress at lunch, or maybe some notes of encouragement. I am aware of the bigger things too -- things like being faithful in following God's lead with the ReGeneration Store, or being conscious of preaching well by studying well. You get the picture. I don't talk a lot about it; just do it. I think it's important to see Kingdom significance in all we do. It all matters.

And whatever you do, whether in word or deed,
do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus,
giving thanks to God the Father through him.

The exciting news of the day for us is that Lester and Maddie are coming to dinner tonight! I don't know if I have mentioned this or not, but Lester has a pharmacist job waiting for him at a pharmacy in Bloomington. What a blessing to have a job lined up before you graduate! They are coming down this afternoon with some work related things and to pick up Lester's truck. He left it here at Thanksgiving to get our local mechanic to work on it.

OK, off to do the day!

No comments: